General terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions and Customer Information
I. General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Basic Provisions
(1) The following terms and conditions apply to contracts that you conclude with us as the provider (Eric:Barbier GmbH) via the www.ericbarbier.de website. Unless otherwise agreed, we object to the inclusion of any terms and conditions of your own that you may use.
(2) A consumer within the meaning of the following provisions is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity. An entrepreneur is any natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of his or her independent professional or commercial activity.
2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject of the contract is the sale of goods .
(2) Already with the placement of the respective product on our website, we submit a binding offer to conclude a contract via the online shopping basket system under the conditions stated in the item description.
(3) The contract is concluded via the online shopping basket system as follows:
The goods intended for purchase are placed in the "shopping basket". You can call up the "shopping basket" via the corresponding button in the navigation bar and make changes there at any time.
After calling up the "Checkout" page and entering the personal data as well as the payment and shipping conditions, the order data is finally displayed as an order overview.
If you use an instant payment system (e.g. PayPal / PayPal Express, Amazon Payments, Sofortüberweisung) as a payment method, you will either be directed to the order overview page in our online shop or to the website of the instant payment system provider.
If you are redirected to the respective instant payment system, make the corresponding selection or enter your data there. Finally, the order data will be displayed as an order overview on the website of the provider of the instant payment system or after you have been redirected back to our online shop.
Before sending the order, you have the option of checking the details in the order overview again, changing them (also via the "back" function of the Internet browser) or cancelling the order.
By sending the order via the corresponding button ("order with costs" or similar designation), you declare the legally binding acceptance of the offer, whereby the contract is concluded.
(4) Your requests for the preparation of an offer are non-binding for you. We will submit a binding offer to you in text form (e.g. by e-mail), which you can accept within 5 days (unless a different deadline is stated in the respective offer).
(5) The processing of the order and the transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract is carried out by e-mail, partly automatically. You must therefore ensure that the e-mail address you have provided to us is correct, that the receipt of the e-mails is technically guaranteed and, in particular, that it is not prevented by SPAM filters.
§ 3 Special agreements on payment methods offered
(1) Payment via Klarna
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ) (https://www.klarna.com/de/), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer the following payment options. The payment is made to Klarna in each case:
- Invoice: The payment period is 14 days from the date of dispatch of the goods/ticket/ or, in the case of other services, the provision of the service. The complete invoice conditions for the countries in which this payment method is available can be found here: Germany (https://cdn.klarna.com/1.0/shared/content/legal/terms/0/de_de/invoice).
- Instalment purchase: With Klarna's financing service, you can pay for your purchase in fixed or flexible monthly instalments under the conditions specified in the checkout. The instalment payment is due at the end of each month after Klarna sends you a monthly invoice. For more information on the payment by instalments service, including the General Terms and Conditions and the European Standard Consumer Credit Information for the countries where this payment method is available, please click here (only available in the countries indicated): Germany (https://cdn.klarna.com/1.0/shared/content/legal/terms/0/de_de/account).
- Sofortüberweisung: Available in Germany. Your account will be debited immediately after placing the order.
- Direct debit: The debit will be made after the goods have been dispatched. You will be informed of the date by e-mail.
- Credit card (Visa/Mastercard): Available in Germany. Debit will be made after dispatch of the goods or tickets / availability of the service or, in the case of a subscription, according to the communicated times. The use of the payment methods invoice and / or hire purchase and / or direct debit requires a positive credit check. In this respect, we forward your data to Klarna for the purpose of address and creditworthiness checks as part of the purchase initiation and processing of the purchase contract. Please understand that we can only offer you those payment methods that are permissible based on the results of the credit check.
You can find more information about Klarna here (https://www.klarna.com/de/smoooth-mehrzuklarna/). You can find the Klarna app here (https://www.klarna.com/de/klarna-app/).
§ 4 Right of retention, reservation of title
(1) You may only exercise a right of retention insofar as it concerns claims from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price has been paid in full.
(3) If you are an entrepreneur, the following shall apply in addition:
a) We retain title to the goods until all claims arising from the current business relationship have been settled in full. Prior to the transfer of ownership of the reserved goods, a pledge or transfer of ownership by way of security is not permitted.
b) You may resell the goods in the ordinary course of business. In this case you already now assign to us all claims in the amount of the invoice amount accruing to you from the resale, we accept the assignment. You are further authorised to collect the claim. However, insofar as you do not properly fulfil your payment obligations, we reserve the right to collect the claim ourselves.
c) If the reserved goods are combined and mixed, we shall acquire co-ownership of the new item in the ratio of the invoice value of the reserved goods to the other processed items at the time of processing.
d) We undertake to release the securities to which we are entitled at your request insofar as the realisable value of our securities exceeds the claim to be secured by more than 10%. The selection of the securities to be released is incumbent upon us.
§ 5 Warranty
(1) The statutory rights of liability for defects shall apply.
(2) As a consumer, you are requested to check the item immediately upon delivery for completeness, obvious defects and transport damage and to notify us and the carrier of any complaints as soon as possible. If you do not comply with this, this has no effect on your statutory warranty claims.
(3) Insofar as you are an entrepreneur, the following applies in deviation from the above warranty regulations:
a) Only our own specifications and the manufacturer's product description shall be deemed agreed as the quality of the item, but not other advertising, public promotions and statements by the manufacturer.
b) In the event of defects, we shall, at our discretion, provide warranty by rectification of the defect or subsequent delivery. If the rectification of defects fails, you may, at your discretion, demand a reduction or withdraw from the contract. The rectification of defects shall be deemed to have failed after a second unsuccessful attempt, unless the nature of the item or the defect or other circumstances indicate otherwise. In the event of rectification, we shall not have to bear the increased costs incurred by transporting the goods to a place other than the place of performance, provided that the transport does not correspond to the intended use of the goods.
c) The warranty period is one year from delivery of the goods. The shortening of the period shall not apply:
- for culpably caused damage attributable to us arising from injury to life, limb or health and for other damage caused intentionally or by gross negligence;
- insofar as we have fraudulently concealed the defect or have assumed a guarantee for the quality of the item;
- in the case of items which have been used for a building in accordance with their customary use and have caused its defectiveness;
- in the case of statutory rights of recourse that you have against us in connection with defect rights.
6 Choice of law, place of performance, place of jurisdiction
(1) German law shall apply. In the case of consumers, this choice of law shall only apply insofar as the protection granted by mandatory provisions of the law of the state of the consumer's habitual residence is not withdrawn as a result (favourability principle).
(2) The place of performance for all services arising from the business relationships existing with us as well as the place of jurisdiction is our registered office, insofar as you are not a consumer but a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law. The same applies if you do not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or if your place of residence or habitual abode is unknown at the time the action is brought. The right to also bring an action before the court at another statutory place of jurisdiction remains unaffected by this.
(3) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall expressly not apply.
II. customer information
1. identity of the seller
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court online dispute resolution (ODR platform), available at https://ec.europa.eu/odr (https://ec.europa.eu/odr).
2. information on the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps for the conclusion of the contract, the conclusion of the contract itself and the possibilities of correction are carried out in accordance with the regulations "Conclusion of the contract" of our General Terms and Conditions (Part I.).
3. contract language, contract text storage
3.1 The contractual language is German.
3.2 The complete text of the contract will not be stored by us. Before sending the order via the online shopping basket system, the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser's print function. After receipt of the order by us, the order data, the legally required information for distance contracts and the General Terms and Conditions will be sent to you again by e-mail.
3.3 In the case of quotation requests outside the online shopping basket system, you will receive all contract data as part of a binding offer in text form, e.g. by e-mail, which you can print out or save electronically.
4. essential characteristics of the goods or services
The essential characteristics of the goods and/or services can be found in the respective offer.
5. prices and payment modalities
5.1 The prices listed in the respective offers as well as the shipping costs represent total prices. They include all price components including all applicable taxes.
5.2 The shipping costs incurred are not included in the purchase price. They can be called up via a correspondingly designated button on our website or in the respective offer, are shown separately in the course of the ordering process and are to be borne additionally by you, unless free delivery has been promised.
5.3 Any costs incurred for the transfer of funds (transfer fees or exchange rate fees of credit institutions) shall be borne by you in cases where the delivery is made to an EU member state but the payment was initiated outside the European Union.
5.4 The payment methods available to you are shown under a correspondingly designated button on our website or in the respective offer.
5.5 Unless otherwise stated in the individual payment methods, the payment claims arising from the concluded contract are due for payment immediately.
6. delivery conditions
6.1 The terms and conditions of delivery, the delivery date and any existing delivery restrictions can be found under a correspondingly designated button on our website or in the respective offer.
6.2 If you are a consumer, it is regulated by law that the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the sold item during shipment only passes to you upon handover of the goods, regardless of whether the shipment is insured or uninsured. This does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company not named by the entrepreneur or a person otherwise designated to carry out the shipment.
If you are an entrepreneur, delivery and shipment shall be at your risk.
7. statutory liability for defects
Liability for defects is governed by the "Warranty" provision in our General Terms and Conditions (Part I).
These terms and conditions and customer information have been prepared by the lawyers of the Händlerbund who specialise in IT law and are permanently checked for legal conformity. Händlerbund Management AG guarantees the legal security of the texts and is liable in the event of warnings. You can find more information on this at: https://www.haendlerbund.de/de/leistungen/rechtssicherheit/agb-service (https://www.haendlerbund.de/de/leistungen/rechtssicherheit/agb-service).
last update: 27.10.2020